Out of Breath? Fainting? Tired? Shortness of breath with exertion? These are some of the symptoms of Pulmonary Hypertension. Click here to learn more about PH.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Marilyn's Story

Today is PH Blog Day so here I go. I was diagnosed in 1997 with Pulmonary Hypertension, a rare, incurable disease that cause s high blood pressure in the pulmonary artery between the heart and lungs and can lead to heart failure. I've been on several therapies including IV infusion 24/7 for six years ; now I am on an experimental drug, some pills that I take twice a day. I have come a long way and I feel better now than before I got sick. Twent y years ago, the only treat ment was a heart - lung transplant . Thank God for modern medicine and possibly a cure in the future using stem cells from the patients own bone marrow. Everybody enjoy the holidays. Peace Out.

Your Phriend,
Marilyn
Woodland, California

1 comment:

Annette Markin said...

Thank you for sharing, Marilyn! I'm looking forward to a life-free of IV medicine. Maybe that stem-cell stuff will work in our favor.
your phriend
annette