Out of Breath? Fainting? Tired? Shortness of breath with exertion? These are some of the symptoms of Pulmonary Hypertension. Click here to learn more about PH.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Diana's PH Story

I am Diana, 54 years old with PH secondary to interstitial lung damage secondary to scleroderma. I was diagnosed with the scleroderma about 3 years ago but had some CREST symptoms as long ago as 12 years with my esophagus now it is full blown and progressing rapidly. I was diagnosed with PH 1 year ago this month. it has progressed to class 4 and I am on Flolan along with Revatio and lots of diuretics, digoxin and pain meds for the scleroderma. I take 14 pills in the morning..... a few more about 2:00 and then 10 at dinner time. It is very hard to type this with my painful crooked fingers but I fell it is important to share my story with others so they can be encouraged.

I love Jesus and was a church secretary for 15 years at our church. I retired Dec. 08 and went on SSD. That is something I should have done months before I did but I just didn't want to "give in".

I do not drive any more and can only walk around in the house with my o2 on 5 l/m so I cannot walk to the car or from the car to a store or anything like that. I have a wheel chair and a jazzy power chair and someone goes with me everywhere I go outside the house. MY husband is a truck driver and owns his own truck and gets his own loads and is gone quite a bit so Ii am at home on my own in the afternoons.... I have caretakers in the mornings for Flolan stuff and giving me a shower which I cannot do on my own any more. This all has brought my h usband and I closer together than we have ever been. The Lord has been by my side holding me up through all my down times and good times as well.

I am so thankful for everyone who has encouraged me and filled me with helpful info on the PH web site

No comments: